This is a SEASONAL / Part-Time Position (April - December)
The Essex Clipper Dinner Train is a formal dining experience located in the historic town of Essex Connecticut. We are searching for several professionals with a high degree of skill in the restaurant industry. You will function as a team-member of a select group tasked with providing a unique dining experience environment to our First Class Dinner Train patrons. The staff must possess outstanding organizational skills, be able to work in small spaces, track and manage varied customer requests, while maintaining interpersonal customer relationships.
- Setup the dining area
- Stock beverage station with needed supplies
- Check patrons' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Constantly attend to customer needs, ensure their dining experience is going well
- Escort customers to their tables
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Inform customers of special drink menu
- Constantly attend to customer needs
- Prepare checks and process cash & credit transactions
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables
- Serve food and/or beverages to patrons
- Restock and replenish service supplies
- Remove dishes and glassware
Pay and Compensation:
Servers and Waiters are paid commensurate with skill level, in addition to customer gratuity, depending on location.